A few brilliant bits behind our (new) styling favorite.
-The name is an homage to Bb.Colorists and the unique way they think about color.
-Adds lustre to those who color (and those who dont).
-Shows off your colorists bright intentions.
-The Color Preserving Complex helps reduce color fading effects.
-It's a multitasking styler with UV filters and heat protection.
-Softens, smoothes and shapes.
-The red, yellow and blue logo represents the primary colors used in printmaking.
Make sure you ask your Salon K stylist about Styling Balm and make sure you check out the entire Color Minded family!
Friday, July 27, 2012
We love the hot, humid weather of summer but summer can also be rough on your hair. Trying to fight frizz or flat hair that's deflated by the heat can become a losing battle. And who wants to pull out the blow drier when its 100 degrees outside?! Pastes, gel, creams and hairsprays become sticky and heavy and you feel like your only option is a ponytail.
But if you're like Bianca Dueñas, her goal is to whip her hair into the best shape possible, with as little effort as possible. Her variegated blond bob has become somewhat of a personal style signature for the New York-based, Spanish-Italian fashion exec, who opts to wear her hair “wavy, because it’s low-maintenance.” And while it’s true that “a good cut and color go a long way,” even Bianca needs a bit of additional assistance come Memorial Day.
Bumble and bumble thought she’d be the perfect girl to try out Bumble and bumble’s new Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil, created because Bumble’s hairstylists couldn’t find a formula that was clear and lightweight, yet able to soften all hair types to achieve “feathersoftness” and shine—minus the dreaded greasy look or feel.
Bumble and bumble swung by Bianca’s apartment at 10 AM on a soon-to-be-sweltering Sunday and helped her pack a beach bag for their excursion. They asked her to pump a few drops of the tropical-scented oil into her hands and work into her hair post-shower (built-in UV protection!!), and let it air-dry.
She spent the better part of the morning dipping in and out of the water, then Bianca twirled her now-sun-dried waves into submission with another helping of Bumble’s multi-oil (argan, coconut, macadamia nut, sweet almond, safflower seed…hungry yet?), multi-purpose product. At the end of the day, Bianca’s hair required a little TLC, so Bb. sent her back to the big city with a bottle of Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil and instructions to mix a few squirts into her favorite conditioner for a DIY extra-deep-conditioning masque. See? It does exist—one hair product that does pretty much everything. Won’t your weekend bag be happy? And speaking of happy, we will have this product in our salon next week! We are so excited!
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Living in Utah we are lucky enough to get to celebrate two holidays in July. Tuesday July 24 is Pioneer Day and we will be closed in celebration of it. Enjoy time in the sun, eating delicious food and relaxing. We will reopen Wednesday July 25 at 9am. Enjoy your long weekend! Pin It
Friday, July 20, 2012
1. On damp hair spray Thickening Hairspray on the roots for lift and smooth Color Minded Styling Balm through the ends of your hair.
2. Hand dry hair then once it's mostly dry blow dry hair with a round brush.
3. Use a large curling iron to create bend and movement on the ends of your hair.
4. Finish with Color Minded Polish for brilliance, shine and separation.
Thursday, July 19, 2012
1. Spray damp hair with Thickening Hairspray
2. Blow dry hair until completely dry.
3. Smooth Color Minded Styling Balm throughout hair.
4. Using a flat brush, brush sections of the hair upward from the nape. Roll and pin each section into place toward the top of the head.
5. Spray with Does it All hairspray to smooth fly-aways. Finish with Color Minded Polish for added brilliance and shine. Pin It
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
1. Smooth Color Minded Styling Balm throughout damp hair.
2. Blow-dry hair using a flat brush until completely dry.
3. Using a curling iron, curl each section using Does it All hairspray.
4. Brush out curls and finish the look with Color Minded Styling Balm.
5. Smooth Color Minded Polish throughout hair for shine and separation if needed. Pin It
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
1. Spray Thickening Hairspray on damp hair from roots to ends.
2. Hand dry hair first, then blow-dry using a flat brush.
3. Use a flat iron to smooth ends.
4. Apply Color Minded Styling Balm to help shape the hair.
5. Finish with Color Minded Polish for shine, softness and separation. Pin It
Saturday, July 14, 2012
1. Apply Color Minded Styling Balm throughout damp hair.
2. Blow-dry hair using a flat brush then curl each section using Does it All.
3. Brush out curls and finish the look by rubbing a small amount of Color Minded Styling Balm through the hair
4. Use Color Minded Polish for shine and separation if needed.
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Saturday, July 7, 2012
All we want to discuss about the movie Dark Shadows is the hair! We loved it so much we are dedicating three, yes three posts to all things hair!
First up is Helena Carter, her hair is as fun and colorful as her personality. To get waves and volume like Dr. Julia Hoffman try our tutorials here (we've realized her hair's quite similar to Adele!) or here.
here or here.
Oh how we love how sweet and innocent this child-like flip is! For an updated version try our tutorial here or a curled under version here.
Friday, July 6, 2012
Oh how we love Emma Stone and her ever changing hair (color and style)! We are super excited to be able to share how to get this updo with you.
1. Start by spraying Prep all over damp hair and Thickening Hairspray on the roots. Then start applying Grooming Creme starting first on the ends and working your way up, it will protect your hair, add a natural-looking sheen and eliminate any frizz.
2. Make a deep side part before blow drying with a flat brush (the Bumble and bumble flat brush is our favorite). You don't want to completely eliminate the texture in the hair, you want it to have movement and body and not look super sleek. It's more important to focus on drying the hair and take away all the frizz.
3. Once the hair is dry, spray Spray de Mode Hairspray on your hair to give it a little bit of texture and grip, for when you pull your hair up.
4. Pull your hair to the nape of your neck and twist it into a little knot, tucking the ends under, and cross two bobby pins to hold it. You want the bun to look simple, not too perfect or overdone.
5. Once you have the style pinned and secured, spray some Spray de Mode hairspray onto your fingertips and rough up the hairstyle a bit with your fingers. Randomly and loosely pull at the hair at the top of the head to give it a bit of extra body and free up the texture.
6. Finish by spraying the entire head again with Spray de Mode hairspray and finish with a light spritz of Shine on Finishing Spray. You can add a hair clip or brooch to the side and back of the knot for extra glam.Pin It
Thursday, July 5, 2012
We couldn't be more excited for the new Spiderman movie to come out, especially since we are such big Emma Stone fans. Seeing her and beau Andrew Garfield on the red carpet makes our hearts melt, and her hair has been equally amazing. Her hair is at that length that everyone calls the "awkward phase" but she proves you can still look glam at any length.
And tomorrow we will be sharing how to get this updo so make sure you check back!Pin It
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Unplug from electronics, enjoy the little moments and have a fun and safe weekend celebrating this amazing country! Keep in mind we are closed today but will reopen on Thursday at 10am.
Tuesday, July 3, 2012